Thursday, December 11, 2014

Christmas Eve Menu 2014

Growing up I always spent Christmas Eve with my mom's side of the family. Since we've all grown up and gone separate ways because of marriage and other family gatherings I found myself sitting at home on Christmas Eve with just Daniel a few years back.

It's my personal opinion that people should not spend the holidays alone. I don't care if it's Easter or Halloween. The holidays are meant to be with family and friends and after that first year of not being with family on Christmas Eve, I took matters into my own hands. I started hosting Christmas Eve dinner for Daniel and his close family.

It's the one time of year that I play hostess with the mostess. I break out the fine china and plan as elaborate of a menu as my families taste buds will allow.

Last year I made my family spaghetti sauce and homemade meatballs and it was a hit, as usual.

Last year's Christmas Eve feast.

This year, I'm trying to be a tad more fancy. Here is what I have planned with the links to the actual recipes.

Christmas Eve Menu 2014

Roast Beef with Garlic Smashed Gravy

Roasted Potato Salad

Baked Parmesan Tomatoes

Pearl Onions, Peas and Bacon

Fresh Bakery Bread- From the store


Dessert will be brought by my guests. After all, with a menu like that I deserve a break on throwing together a dessert.

What are some of your favorite Christmas Eve recipes?

No comments :

Post a Comment