Sunday, January 19, 2014

Guess what's getting close??

The Ladies birthday's.

Yes, we're about a month out from birthday's in our house. I know there is going to come a day when the ladies aren't going to be thrilled with having a joint birthday party but until then I'm going to enjoy every minute of planning a joint birthday party for them.

Each year I try to stick with a theme that is familiar with their interests of the past year or is relevant to them somehow. 

Addison's first birthday party revolved around a barn yard theme because her nursery had the same theme. There was lots of pale yellow, sage green, and light pink and those were the colors we focused on. 



Her second birthday party also meant it was her baby sisters first birthday and the first of many joint parties. That years theme was a circus theme. There was lots of hot dogs, popcorn, candy, and primary colors and decorations. That was also the first year that I had them both a birthday shirt made. I love etsy.com and I always manage to find a precious shirt fitting with the theme that states their name and new age. 



Last year was the 3rd and 2nd birthday party for them and we went with a Mickey and Minnie Mouse theme since they were obsessed with Mickey Mouse Club House.We had Minnie's Bow Tie Pasta Salad, Donald's Dippers, and "Club" Sandwiches just to name a few. I wish I could find the few pictures I took that day but it was pure chaos and not many were taken.

And now we're knocking on the 4th and 3rd birthday party. When did that happen? I swear I feel like I just had them both and now here we are. 

My original theme for this year was going to revolve around Disney Princesses. They love Ariel and enjoy dressing up in all of their Princess dresses that they've accumulated over the past year. But then Christmas break happened and we took them to only their second movie in a theater and we saw Frozen.

O.M.G. I can't even begin to tell you how much I enjoyed that movie. Even my 26 year old brother enjoyed the movie and as I sit here typing this post all I can think about is how much I want to see it again. I haven't bought a Disney DVD in awhile but I guarantee this movie will be in my possession as soon as humanly possible. 

Frozen caused a light bulb to go off in my brain. For those that haven't seen the movie it revolves around a pair of sisters and lots of snow. I have two girls, born in the same week of February, a year apart and both during snow storms. I mean how appropriate a theme could this be for crying out loud? I'm so excited and I've been a pinning fool on pinterest trying to get all of these ideas for their party. My excitement is so out of control that I've already had their invitation made. 


I think I'm going to order a sub tray from a sandwich shop and have chips but we're going to have lots of snowflake shaped sugar cookies, a blizzard punch which I'm still working on, and lots of gum balls and candy in whites, light blues, and light pink. I plan on decorating with balloons and lots of snowflakes. I can't wait until I can share pictures from the actual party and we are even more excited for the mini vacation we're taking the weekend before to the Great Wolf Lodge in Mason. 


No comments :

Post a Comment