Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Boonshoft Museum of Discovery

A couple of weeks ago during one of Daniel's business trips, I decided to pack the girls up and get out of the house for a little while. I was trying to come up with something to do that would entertain the girls while being wallet friendly since money is still really tight for us.

I've been to the Boonshoft Museum once for a holiday party thrown by my former employer and it was almost ten years ago. Going back with children of your own is so much different. The girls had a really good time and I can't wait to go back with Daniel. There was one or two play areas that the girls couldn't take advantage of because it was a two parent task. One example was the multistory slide. There was no way I could allow one kid to go down the slide while I was still at the upper level with the other one, not at their young age and with so many older kids there running around being wild.

Playing at the water table...before the great soaking.
 I'm pretty sure their favorite features were getting to see all of the animals. They got a big kick out of the turtles and an even bigger kick out of the otters. Their other favorite feature was the water area. Things went smoothly at first but by the time it was time to go, they were both soaking wet. Cadence poured water over her head and Addison stuck her head under a waterfall feature.

Turtles!!

"No Sissy, this is the button to turn on the radio."

Digging for dinosaur bones at the archaeological dig site.
They have so many other areas, areas that I don't think they are quite ready to really get the full experience with but man were they neat. I would have loved to have had a little grocery store like this to play with growing up. They only browsed the shelves, I actually made some purchases though neither of them would ring me up at the register. Oh to be young again!

"Sis, I'm not sure about the freshness of these fruits and veggies!"




After the great soak, I decided it was time to load up and hit the road but not before we hit up the gift shop. Because they had behaved themselves so well, even among the groups of kids there on field trips, they both received a candy necklace which they thought were pretty darn cool.

 
I thought about getting us a membership after the first of the year, but I've decided to hold off until they are a little bit older, especially since this place is about a half an hour away from home and money is still a big problem in our house. Instead we're saving up to get a family membership to the zoo for next summer. I think they'll appreciate the zoo a little more and it will gives us adults a little bit more entertainment.

No comments :

Post a Comment