Tuesday, November 25, 2014

And they lived happily ever after...

Dustin and Jessica get married...

My brother-in-law started dating a special someone last year around this time. He was one of those guys who we thought would never get married, let alone start a family with. Jessica has a young daughter who is just smitten with Dustin and the girls love having another person to play with when we are all together.

On November 15th, Dustin and Jessica became man and wife in the most unusual way.

They are both die hard fans of our local hockey team and they jumped at the chance to get married at center ice during one of the breaks.

It was a very small wedding with just close family and friends and they asked me to take the formal pictures. We had a limited amount of time on the ice before the game so I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked or had planned but the several I got turned out well.

A family picture before the ceremony at a local park.

Lilly getting a smooch from mom and her papa.

The bridal party. Aren't my girls adorable?

We had to get the funny picture of Dustin pretending to leave.

The Blankenship crew.

Their rings.

They had a small gathering afterwards where cake and hot cocoa was served.
Dustin wrote vows to Lilly and presented her with a ring as well. It was super sweet.

Saying "I do" on the ice.


 
The wedding was very informal as you can see and it was done so quickly that we didn't have time to plan a bridal shower so I'm throwing them a wedding shower in early December. I wish them the best and hope that they live happily ever after.

No comments :

Post a Comment