Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter 2012

Well, seeing as I am currently laid up in a hospital bed I figured nows the time to get caught up with the blog. I was taken straight to the hospital Friday after my doctors appointment. I'm currently receiving lots of antibiotics, more blood that doesn't belong to me, TPN, and lots of fluids. My resection surgery is scheduled for sometime this Wednesday. I will be in the hospital another seven to ten days afterwards, possibly longer depending on how long my recovery takes.
Our weekend started on Friday night when we allowed the girls to color Easter eggs. They both really enjoyed it and after a few mishaps I finally had to say out loud to both Daniel and myself...this is about the girls not us, let them do whatever they want. By golly they did and they enjoyed dropping their eggs into all different colors. Addison was killing us though. She would drop some of the vinegar on her leg and she would lick it off and then finally she would stick her whole hand in the cup and then lick her hand. She makes us scratch our heads sometimes...silly kid.
Anyway, Easter this year was awesome. I felt really good and got to really enjoy my children and our family. Poor Daniel ended up with food poisoning but I felt good so what can you do...lol. We spent Saturday with Daniel's Mom, brother Dustin, aunt Nanny, and Uncle Cecil.
They cooked out hamburgers, hot dogs, fruit salad, potato salad, macaroni salad, deviled eggs, cucumber and tomato salad, coleslaw, baked beans, and lord knows what else...we had a feast. The Easter bunny dropped off lots of goodies for us at Mamaw's house...what can I say? We're loved! I got some Bath and Body Works Country Chic fragrance...it smells so good.
We spent Easter Sunday at our house and had my Dad and the rest of the family over since they hadn't seen our new house yet. After the Easter bunny made a pit stop for the girls we got to cooking. Daniel smoked a pork butt so we had pulled pork sandwiches, I made homemade au gratin potatoes, orange jello with oranges and bananas, and a white cake with cherry vanilla icing. My aunt Robin made mac and cheese while my Dad and Donna made green bean casserole and deviled eggs. We ate really good!
After our feast we did an Easter egg hunt for the kids.
Addison had a ball and I'm so glad that I felt well enough this year that I could take lots of pictures of the occasion. Even Cadence got into the egg hunt. Having young children really makes you appreciate the holidays more. What is so funny is that prior to the hunt we were talking about ice-cream trucks. Wouldn't you know, just about the time we had finished up one drove by. Our house is out in the middle of no where so it was really shocking. I was so excited that the girls were going to get their first experience with the ice-cream truck and there I was with my camera to capture it all.
Addison got a bubblegum flavored popsicle while Cadence got a sno cone.
They were so cute sitting back and eating the ice-cream. Poor Daniel missed all of this because he was upstairs sick. I had a ball though and I'm pretty sure that they did as well.
I hope your family had a wonderful Easter weekend. I know I enjoyed just about every moment of mine. I posted on facebook that night how wonderful it had been. Sadly I didn't know what was in store for me the following day with a single phone call from my doctor. Oh well...I'm in the hospital to get better and while I am absolutely terrified of the surgery I pray that it gives me the strength and health that I have been without for a very long time. I can't wait to be able to get out and about by myself if I want, with both girls. This good end up being a really awesome summer!

No comments :

Post a Comment