Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Cookie Party 2013

I'm going to back track a little and do a quick post about our annual cookie party. Each year I invite my dad's side of the family over to our house to decorate and exchange cookies and sweet treats.

Rolling out our sugar cookie dough and using the cookie cutters.
I usually serve lunch or dinner depending on the time and we all just sit around eating and playing with the sprinkles and icing. This year we had sloppy joes and potato chips, it was cheap and easy to fix.

Let the icing and sprinkling begin.
I've been hosting this party for many years now, even before we all had kids, but I must admit...it is so much more fun now that there are small children involved.

Heather and Sue standing guard over the goodies. 
Once again my sister and her family were unable to join since they live three hours away now and unfortunately my dad wasn't able to make it either because he was called into work. We made the best of it though with a few new additions; my mother-in-law, brother-in-law, and his new girlfriend and I must admit...this was our best exchange yet. Even my uncle Dan commented that he had some of the best cookies and treats that we've ever had.


I call that a successful party and I can't wait until next years.


No comments :

Post a Comment