Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day 2012

Daniel & the girls working on the lawn mower.
First of all, happy father's day to my wonderful husband Daniel. I couldn't have asked for a better father for my children. They love him so much that everyday when they see him pull into the driveway after getting off work, they both squeal and shout until he has made it through the front door. It's absolutely priceless.


Uncle Dan & my Dad at Easter.
Second of all, being the child of divorced parents, I have a lot of male influences in my life. Several grandfathers, uncles, and even great uncles. I love each and every one of them, especially my godfather and uncle, Dan. I know he loves me just like I was his own and what is even more special is that I think he loves my girls more than me and his daughter Heather...lol.

Lastly, to my dad's. My step-dad Jim has been a part of my life since I was two or three. Even though he and my mom are now divorced, he still considers me one of his and I love being a part of his family. Secretly, I think I should have been Italian since my love of pasta and sauce is so out of control. How lovely is it that my step-dads family is Italian. We're talking, had to translate their Italian first names to more Americanized first names when they came over on the boat. Then theres my dad, Gary. The relationship I have with my dad is the relationship I hope my girls have with Daniel. I can talk to my dad about everything and anything and I know that I will have his support in almost anything. I have never once doubted his love for me as he tells me all of the time. He is the reason why I always tell my girls how much I love them, kiss them, and even hug them. He is the one who taught me to be affectionate to those who are deserving of those affections from me.

My step-dad grating parmesan cheese & watching the Jungle Book at the girls birthday party.


Happy fathers day to all of them, including my grandpa Powers and my papaw Ison.

No comments :

Post a Comment