Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Amazing News

Now that most of my family knows, I have some exciting news to share with everyone.

I had to reschedule my colonoscopy from Thursday to yesterday. I was a ball of nerves waiting for them to wheel me back to the procedure room and was on the verge of an anxiety attack when they finally came to get me.

I woke up from everything a little after 2:10 and by 2:14 I received word that I am 100% Crohns free. I couldn't contain it and just cried then and there. My doctor said that everything looked so good that had we not known that I had Crohns, you wouldn't have been able to tell that I do. While Crohns disease is not curable it is treatable and can go into remission. I'm in a complete remission and I pray that I can go many years without having any Crohns symptoms.

Not only does this mean I'm Crohns free for now, but it means surgery to reverse my ileostomy and mucous fistula are a go. I'm nervous for the surgery and recovery but I'm excited to be done with my bags for now. Hopefully I'll never have to have one again.

No comments :

Post a Comment